Monday, July 29, 2019

God please show me what You want me to learn!



It was in August 1980 and I was preparing to enter a Bible College to train to become an ordained minister when it happened! I could have never guessed how much it would influence the course of life for the next thirty-nine years and hopefully many more. 
I had just returned home after purchasing a new Bible to use in my studies. I opened the box, took it out, opened it and prayed this prayer:

Dear God, please show me what You want me to learn.”

Immediately the following words popped into my mind:

Unless you know how words work,
you cannot understand the words of the Bible.”

My first thought was, “What in the heck does that mean?” The second thought was, “Was that from God or just some random thought that came out of thin air?” So, what did I do? I forgot about it – or at least I thought I had. Read the complete article at - http://www.biblicalheritage.org/how-words-work.html

No comments:

Post a Comment